The Hepworth Wakefield Visiting Professor in the University’s School of Fine Art, History of Art and Cultural Studies, Visiting Professor City University London, Hepworth Wakefield Trustee, member of Strategy Board of the Clore Leadership Programme, and the European Expert Network on Culture.
Professor Holden will draw on his extensive experience of culture and public policy to introduce the concept of ‘cultural value’ and what can be gained from reflecting on the wider impact of postgraduate research.
Listen to the Keynote The Value of Culture
The following presentations delivered at the conference are now available for download:
- Lizzie Caperon – Making an Impact with a behaviour change intervention to improve dietary behaviour in low and middle income countries
- Paulette Dougnac – Engaging for Impact: A Participant-engaged Methodology
- Rachel Moss – Food consumption in children: exploring the role of stress and ethnicity
- Alaa Abd-Alrazaq – Factors that affect patients’ use of electronic personal health records
- Katie Timms – Spinal Cord Injury: how does surgical fixation affect outcomes
- Olga Andreevskikh – The Conceptualisation of LGBTQ Communities and Individuals in Contemporary Russian Media Discourse
- Xiaolei Sun – From Fabliau to ‘法博俚’：Genre Interpretation of Fabliau in Chaucer’s The Canterbury Tales
SDDU workshop: ‘Envisage your impact’
The workshop will help you to begin the process of developing an understanding of the sorts of impact your research could have. The starting point for this thinking will be your own motivations and values, i.e. what impact do you want to have? Envisioning your impact is an essential first step before starting to think of actions or activities that may generate this impact. This process should also help you to decide how you may evaluate that the impact you want to achieve has occurred. The session will point you at resources and support available to you at the university and beyond that will help you on your journey to impact.
Research impact home page: http://www.sddu.leeds.ac.uk/research-innovation/research-impact/
Refreshments and lunch will be provided.